- September: Arrival in destination country, commence homestay, placement test at destination university undertaken.
- September to March: Students take classes at a language school. Students interact with international students from all over the world.
- November: Students who meet the English language requirements visit destination universities or colleges.
- November to December: Students participate in a number of seasonal events.
- April: The destination university or college approves courses and checks the study program meets requirements. Following this, students begin taking classes.
- June: Return to Japan.